Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) IP Core
The New Wave DV Fibre Channel Remote Direct Memory Access (FC-RDMA) core provides a complete layer 4 hardware IP solution for the FC-RDMA protocol.
The core provides full FC compliance, hardware-based LUN mapping, and complete offload of RDMA frame handling including: FCP Data IU offload, hardware Command IU Response, DMA controller, frame building/checking, and CRC generation/checking.
The host interface to the core can be AXI or PCIe. The core is built for dropping into a FPGA and providing the complete design from processor interface to FC-RDMA network interface.
This core is targeted towards applications in aerospace and has been used on a wide range of parts at varying operating rates. The core comes with test-benches and example code, making design integration a straightforward task.
Evaluation versions of the FC-RDMA IP core are available and New Wave DV has a set of standard form-factor boards featuring FPGAs, Fibre Channel optics, and off-the-shelf reference designs for quick evaluation of the IP core.
Get This IP Core Pre-Loaded on the Following FPGA Cards:
- FC-RDMA compliant interface with hardware based offload
- Hardware DMA engines with LUN mapping
- FCP Data IU offloaded in hardware
- Supports 1/2/4/8/16G data rates
- Configurable number of ports in a single FPGA
- AXI-based host interface for embedded or PCIe based processors
- Increased performance with hardware-based FC-RDMA offload
- Hardware-based Data IU mapping and host DMA setup
- Leverage proven technology for standard interface implementation
- Avionics vehicle and mission systems
- Industrial/Machine vision systems