Anonymous Subscriber Messaging (ASM) IP Core
The New Wave DV Fibre Channel Anonymous Subscriber Messaging (FC-ASM) core provides a complete hardware IP solution for the FC-ASM protocol.
The core provides full FC compliance, hardware-based message label filtering, hardware mapping of message label to host memory, and complete offload of ASM handling including: Transmit messages, Receive messages, CSU frames, DMA controller, frame building/checking, and CRC generation/checking.
The host interface to the core can be AXI or PCIe. The core is built for dropping into an FPGA and providing the complete design from processor interface to FC-ASM network interface.
This core is targeted towards applications in aerospace and has been used on a wide range of parts at varying operating rates. The core comes with test-benches and example code, making design integration a straightforward task.
Evaluation versions of the FC-ASM IP core are available and New Wave DV has a set of standard form-factor boards featuring FPGAs, Fibre Channel optics, and off-the-shelf reference designs for quick evaluation of the IP core.
Get This IP Core Pre-Loaded on the Following FPGA Cards:
- FC-ASM compliant interface with hardware-based offload
- Hardware DMA engines with message label mapped buffers
- Receive and transmit functions offloaded in hardware
- Supports 1/2/4/8/16G data rates
- Configurable number of ports in a single FPGA
- AXI-based host interface for embedded or PCIe based processors
- Increased performance with hardware-based FC-ASM offload
- Hardware-based message label filtering and host DMA setup
- Leverage proven technology for standard interface implementation
Xilinx: Virtex, Kintex, Artix FPGAs
Intel (Altera): Stratix, Arria, Cyclone FPGAs
Microsemi: SmartFusion2, Igloo2 FPGAs
16G: 212Mhz (double data width)
- Avionics vehicle and mission systems
- Industrial/Machine vision systems