FC Anonymous Subscriber Messaging (ASM) IP Core
The New Wave DV Fibre Channel Avionics Environment Anonymous Subscriber Messaging (FC-AE-ASM) core provides a complete hardware IP solution for the FC-ASM protocol.
The core provides full FC compliance, hardware-based message label filtering, hardware mapping of message label to host memory, and complete offload of ASM handling including: Transmit messages, Receive messages, CSU frames, DMA controller, frame building/checking, and CRC generation/checking.
The host interface to the core is AXI-MM. This allows the core to be connected to an external host processor over PCIe or to an embedded SoC processor. The core is built for dropping into an FPGA and providing the complete design from processor interface to FC-ASM network interface.
This core is targeted towards applications in military/aerospace and has been used on a wide range of parts at varying operating rates. The core comes with test benches, constraints and an example design, making design integration a straightforward task.
Evaluation versions of the FC-ASM IP core are available and New Wave DV has a set of standard form factor boards featuring FPGAs, Fibre Channel optics, and off-the-shelf reference designs for quick evaluation of the IP core.
Get This IP Core Pre-Loaded on the Following FPGA Cards:
- FC-AE-ASM compliant interface with hardware-based offload
- Hardware DMA engines with message label mapped buffers
- Split port multiple look-up tables (V115X, V505X)
- Host processor offloaded from all networking responsibilities
- Supports 1/2/4 Gbs data rates
- Configurable number of ports in a single FPGA
- AXI-MM host interface for embedded or PCIe-based processors
- Frame counter and error statistics
- Increased performance with hardware-based FC-ASM offload
- Hardware-based message label filtering and host DMA setup
- Leverage proven technology for standard interface implementation
- Mitigate obsolescence
|Supported FPGA Devices||
Xilinx: Virtex, Kintex, Artix
Intel (Altera): Stratix, Arria, Cyclone
Microsemi: SmartFusion2, Igloo2
1.0625 / 2.125 / 4.25 Gbs
|Fabric Clock Operating Frequencies||
1G: 26.5625 MHz
2G: 53.125 MHz
4G: 106.25 MHz
- Avionics vehicle and mission systems
- Industrial/Machine vision systems