ARINC-818 IP Core
The New Wave Design and Verification (New Wave DV) ARINC-818 core provides a complete hardware IP solution for the ARINC-818 protocol.
The core provides full specification compliance, hardware-based container processing, and offload of frame handling including: ARINC-818 Container offload, hardware-based Object processing, DMA controller, frame building/checking, and CRC generation/checking.
The host interface to the core can be AXI or PCIe. The core is built for dropping into a FPGA and providing the complete design from processor interface to ARINC-818 network interface.
This core is targeted towards applications in aerospace and has been used on a wide range of parts at varying operating rates. The core comes with test-benches and example code, making design integration a straightforward task.
Evaluation versions of the ARINC-818 IP core are available and New Wave DV has a set of standard form-factor boards featuring FPGAs, optics, and off-the-shelf reference designs for quick evaluation of the IP core.
- ARINC-818 compliant interface with hardware based offload
- Hardware DMA engines with ARINC-818 container mapping
- ARINC-818 container processing offloaded in hardware
- Supports 1/2/3/4G data rates
- Configurable number of ports in a single FPGA
- AXI-based host interface for embedded or PCIe based processors
- Increased performance with hardware-based ARINC-818 offload
- Hardware-based container processing and host DMA setup
- Leverage proven technology for standard interface implementation
Xilinx: Virtex, Kintex, Artix, Zynq FPGAs
Intel (Altera): Stratix, Arria, Cyclone FPGAs
Microsemi: SmartFusion2, Igloo2 FPGAs
- Avionics vision and display systems
- Avionics camera and display test stands