Packet Capture Appliance and Platform Applications
Our network packet capture devices provide the ability to run numerous functions when combined with one of our PCI Express cards. These system level producer packet capture devices perform a wide range of network data processes, including:
- Traffic generation
Network Packet Capture Benefits
New Wave DV’s packet capture appliances and platforms can perform many tasks that provide fully customized advantages for your specific needs. Some of the unique capabilities that our packet capture appliances provide, include the following:
- Identifying Data/Packet Loss – Through data capturing techniques, if data is stolen the network administrator can easily retrieve the stolen or lost information by properly utilizing data capturing techniques.
- Identification of Data Leakage – Our content analysis and monitoring solutions help to establish points of leakage and other seepage sources.
- Unmatched Precision through Hardware Implementation – Leveraging our expertise in FPGA technology, our hardware captures data using hardware over software, resulting in 20 nanosecond data resolution.
- Forensics – Certain network segments and high traffic areas may be blocked to investigate problem viruses or other problems when they arise. This allows the network administrator to determine the extent of the problem. This can provide increased security for historical information and network data.
- Security – Data capturing is used to identify security flaws and breaches by determining the point of intrusion.
RapXG™ Record & Playback Network Packet Capture Device
The RapXG™ is a network packet capture/playback appliance that uses a New Wave interface card to record all network traffic to storage. The appliance can record traffic based on a variety of configurable items such as address, protocol, ports, and there are options for deep packet inspection to make recording decisions.
One of the defining characteristics of the New Wave RapXG™ is time-based hardware controlled playback of network traffic. The RapXG™ is capable of playing back data with 20 nanosecond resolution. The RapXG™ is specifically built for challenging network interface requirements within a wide variety of applications, including: avionics, radar, high bandwidth sensor networks, communications, and more.
CaptureEPON™ 10G EPON Record & Packet Capture Device
The CaptureEPON system is a packet capture and recorder system developed to meet the interface and bandwidth needs of 10G EPON. The CaptureEPON system can simultaneously monitor upstream and downstream traffic and delivers high performance packet capture in real time.
New Wave DV employs a unique upstream capturing mechanism that is able to lock onto burst mode traffic without prior knowledge of the transmit windows. This allows a truly passive capture/analysis to be possible with minimal setup and configuration. Perfect for quick troubleshooting or detailed traffic analysis.
32-Port Programmable Network Switch
The 32-Port Programmable Switch is a high port-density, completely FPGA-based network switch, built for special purpose switching, bridging, and monitoring applications. This 32-Port Switch is powered by the latest Xilinx Virtex UltraScale+ FPGA technology. Purpose-built for processing network data in real-time, the Switch has been optimized to provide the lowest possible latency and the highest possible performance.
This FPGA-based Programmable Switch is ideal for on FPGA applications such as low-latency network inspection, routing traffic based on payload data, custom protocols, and high port density application development.
Contact New Wave DV for Network Packet Capture Systems and Software
If you are interested in systems that incorporate our network adapters that provide upper level system support for network reading, playback, capture and more, contact us today. Alternatively, we’re available at 952-224-9201 to discuss any questions you may have about these FPGA-based platforms and applicable software.