Revised and Effective: May 25, 2018
We are committed to integrity and the protection of Your personal information and privacy. We do not and will not sell, trade, or rent Your personal information to any third parties. We will not use or disclose your information for purposes other than those set forth in this Privacy Statement, unless you give us your permission or we are legally compelled to do so, such as by law, subpoena, or court order, or unless such disclosure or use becomes necessary for the protection of our legal interests.
Below are our key points about our Personal Data practices:
- Collection and Use: The kind of information we collect from you online depends on how you decide to use our website or services. If Your visit to our website merely includes browsing, You will not need to submit any personal information. However, NWDV’s website also includes the ability to provide personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) to NWDV through email, or by contacting NWDV by telephone with any inquiries. We use Personal Data to maintain business operations, process job applications, provide relevant marketing and outreach, facilitate our software compliance and enforcement activities, and to fulfill other business and compliance purposes.
The NWDV website may also gather certain technical data about Your visit (“Non-Personal Data”), which helps us understand better how the NWDV website is being used and how we can improve it in the future. This automatically-gathered Non-Personal Data does not identify you personally. Non-Personal Data may include Your computer’s IP or “Internet Protocol” address, as well as statistics about how visitors navigate through our site. See below to learn more.
- Information Sharing: We may share Personal Data within NWDV and with other parties to provide NWDV services, to improve the Site, to pursue or defend NWDV’s or our members’ rights, and to comply with applicable law. If You contact NWDV through e-mail, NWDV may use it to respond, but will otherwise keep your contact information private. NWDV does not view the content of Your emails as confidential. If You email any proprietary or confidential information to NWDV, we request that You contact NWDV prior to sending for instructions. Otherwise, All e-mail content (except your contact information) will be treated as volunteered to NWDV for our use in any manner. The NWDV website contains forms for which NWDV may ask our visitors for Personal Data (generally limited to items such as name, address, phone number, and email) to download further information, product information, or NWDV services. Any Personal Data provided by You on these forms may be used by NWDV in a manner consistent with the stated purpose of the form. We will notify You if we intend to use or share Your personal Data with a third party and give You the chance to opt out prior to that disclosure.
We may use the Non-Personal Data–such as computer IP addresses, the kind of browsers our viewers are using, and a record of the pages viewed on our site. This anonymous information is used and analyzed to help us understand trends, patterns, and to improve the quality of our website.
- Security: We maintain reasonable security controls to protect Personal Data from unauthorized access and use, as well as to meet the requirements of applicable law, and we require our service providers by contract to do the same. See below to learn more.
- International Transfers: We maintain appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by applicable law. See below to learn more.
- Retention and Storage: We keep Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide our website and services, and comply with legal obligations. See below to learn more.
- Children: We do not target or knowingly collect any Personal Data from children under the age of 16. See below to learn more.
- Rights: You may request access to your Personal Data and exercise certain rights by contacting us. See below to learn more.
- Choices: You have choices regarding how we use and share Your Personal Data for marketing and other purposes. See below to learn more.
- Links to Other Websites: The Site may include links to third-party websites that are not governed by this Privacy Statement. Please be aware that these third-party sites may collect information about you, and that they operate according to their own privacy practices, which may differ from those of NWDV. NWDV is not responsible for any content outside of the https://newwavedv.com/website. See below to learn more.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement: We will notify You of any material changes by posting the updated version of this Privacy Statement and taking other steps as needed under applicable law. See below to learn more.
- Contact Us: If you have any additional questions about NWDV’s privacy policies, you may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. This site is owned and operated by New Wave Design and Verification LLC.
The sections below are intended to give additional information concerning the items listed above. If, after review, you have any questions, please contact New Wave Design and Verification LLC via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COLLECTION AND USE
The categories of Personal Data we collect, which may be collected both on the website and offline, and our uses of Personal Data depend on the context, as described below:
Website visitors and Inquiries: In the course of viewing our website, You may provide certain information we deem as “Contact Data” including items such as name, title, business name, phone number, mailing address, email address, and inquiries about specific NWDV goods, services, or information. In addition to Personal Data provided by You, we may also collect Non-Personal Data about the device used to access our website including items such as computer Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier (UDID), cookies and other data linked to a device, and data about usage of our websites, (collectively, “Device Data”). We do not consider Device Data to be Personal Data except where we link it to you as an individual or where applicable law provides otherwise. We use Device Data to enhance our website and our website’s services, respond to inquiries and requests, provide our services, maintain business operations, maintain our contacts, provide relevant marketing and materials, protect the security of the website and our systems, address compliance and legal obligations, and interact with visitors (collectively, “General Uses”).
Software Copyright Infringement Reporting Contacts: You or another visitor to our website may provide information to NWDV or report alleged instances of noncompliance with the intellectual property rights or proprietary fights of NWDV. In addition to the General Uses listed above, NWDV may use information or reports of alleged infringement to manage compliance and enforcement of NWDV’s rights, including the pursuit of available remedies. (collectively, “Enforcement Uses”).
There are some jurisdictions which require an explanation as to a legal basis for the collection and processing of Personal Data. We have several different legal grounds on which NWDV collects and processes Personal Data, including: (1) as necessary to perform a transaction (such as when we respond to your requests); (2) as necessary to comply with a legal obligation (such as when we use Personal Data for record keeping to substantiate tax liability); (3) consent (where you have provided consent as appropriate under applicable law); and (4) as necessary for legitimate interests (such as when we act to maintain our business generally or to pursue our rights or the rights of our members).
We may share Personal Data:
- Within NWDV. We may share Personal Data within NWDV and our affiliates worldwide to centralize administration and business management.
- As Required by Legal Obligations and Rights. We may share Personal Data in order to comply with any subpoena, court order or other legal process, or other governmental request. We may also share Personal Data to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, including members, or to defend against legal claims.
We may also share statistical or other information that does not identify individuals personally with third parties for purposes such as, but not limited to, improving the NWDV website and our services.
NWDV employs a reasonable technical and organizational system which is designed protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration or unintentional destruction. We also require that third-party service providers that act on NWDV’s behalf to also provide reasonable security measures. Please be aware that no security measure can guarantee against compromise. While we take steps designed to protect Personal Data, You also play a role in protecting Your own Personal Data.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
You may be transferring Personal Data to a jurisdiction outside of the Your home country. NWDV may also be transferring Personal Data outside of Your home country as necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, including to countries that may not provide the same level of data protection as the individual’s home country. We provide appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by law for international data transfers, including for Personal Data transferred to third parties. If applicable law applies, individuals may request a copy of the suitable mechanisms we have in place by contacting us as detailed below.
- RETENTION AND STORAGE
We will retain Personal Data for no longer than the time necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement and as otherwise needed to comply with applicable law and our internal policies.
NWDV does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 16 through operation of the NWDV website. If NWDV has actual knowledge that Personal Data about a child under 16 years old has been collected, then NWDV will take the appropriate steps to delete such Personal Data.
As permitted by applicable law, You may have the right to obtain confirmation of the existence of certain Personal Data relating to You, to verify its content, origin and accuracy, as well as the right to access, review, port, delete or to block or withdraw consent to the processing of certain Personal Data (without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal), by contacting us as detailed below. Please note that we may need to retain certain Personal Data as required or permitted by applicable law.
You have the following choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data:
- Marketing Communications. If You do not wish to receive any marketing communications or remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communications or contact us using the link below.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. Please review Your browser or computer settings for certain cookies and see below to exercise certain choices regarding cookies.
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES – INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
In accordance with applicable law, NWDV uses and allows third parties to use essential and non-essential cookies, web beacons and similar technologies (collectively, “cookies”) on our website.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a piece of data stored on Your hard drive which contains information about You, such as the web pages You visit. These cookies allow the web site to remember important information that will make Your use more enjoyable.
We also allow certain third parties to place cookies on our website in order to collect information about Your online activities on our website over time and across different websites you may visit. This information can be used to provide advertising tailored to your interests on websites you may visit, also known as interest-based advertising, and to analyze the effectiveness of such interest-based advertising.
Cookies on our website are generally used for the following purposes:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas. These cookies are session cookies that are erased when you close your browser.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: These allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our website and see how such users navigate through our website. This helps improve how our website works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. These cookies are session cookies, which are erased when You close Your browser.
- Functional Cookies: These improve the functional performance of our website and make it easier for You to use.
- Targeting Cookies: These record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, and the links You have followed, to recognize You as a previous visitor and to track Your activity on our website and other websites You may visit. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies, because they remain on Your device for us to use during the next visit to our website. You can delete these cookies via Your browser settings. We will not knowingly collect these cookies from individuals in the EEA (European Economic Area”) without proper consent.
What are your options if you do not want cookies on your computer?
- You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options,” to exercise choices you have for certain Cookies. If You disable or delete certain Cookies in Your Internet browser settings, You might not be able to access or use important functions or features of our website.
- Adobe also provides an opt-out mechanism to the public for websites using cookies set from Adobe’s 2o7.net and omtrdc.net domains. This opt-out mechanism can be accessed from the Adobe Privacy Center.
- To learn more about certain cookies used for interest based advertising by third parties, including through cross-device tracking, and to exercise certain choices regarding such cookies, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance-Canada, European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance or Your device settings, if you have the DAA or other mobile app.
Do-Not-Track Signals. We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-not-track” signals from Your browser.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links and references to other internet websites where this Privacy Statement may not apply, as well as unaffiliated third-party websites. When You click a link to visit a third-party website, You will be subject to that website’s privacy practices. We encourage You to familiarize yourself with the privacy and security practices of the linked third-party websites before providing any Personal Data on those websites.
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
NWDV may update this Privacy Statement from time to time as our organization’s strategy and focus changes or as required by law. The effective date of our Privacy Statement is posted above, and we encourage individuals to visit our website periodically to stay informed about NWDV’s privacy practices. We will post the updated version of the Privacy Statement on our website and ask for consent to the changes if legally required.
- CONTACTING US
If you have questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement or NWDV’s privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.