Ultra-Low Latency Trading
Ultra-low latency is the key to winning your trade at the price you want before the stock price moves. This is true whether you are a high-frequency trader, a market maker, or a statistical arbitrage trader.
Algorithmic trading systems use techniques such as co-location, shortest path networks, and, increasingly, 10G Ethernet interfaces and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) technologies in order to minimize latency and gain a competitive advantage. Low latency FPGA technologies—often referred to as programmable logic devices—are invaluable in competing at the premier level. New Wave DV offers custom programmable devices for your low latency trading needs.
New Wave DV’s programmable device technology gives our customers the edge that makes the difference between winning the trade and watching someone else win. That’s why the top names in the financial markets trust our products. Contact us for the ultra-low latency trading technology you need.
How do Programmable Logic Devices for High-Frequency Trading Work?
A trading system analyzes market data from multiple stock exchanges, uses financial trading strategies to find trading opportunities, and uses an ultra-low latency interface to get orders into the trading queue first.
In order to reduce latency, it is necessary to push the decision making on trades to the Network Interface Card (NIC), which alleviates the need to involve the main system processor, which could cause undesirable delays in response time. This network-side processing (where processing occurs as close to the network interface as possible) is essential for the design of a truly ultra-low latency trading system.
Benefits of New Wave DV’s Custom Low Latency FPGA Technology
Based on low latency FPGA technology, our low latency trading technology offers numerous advantages.
- Executing trades on a New Wave DV FPGA located close to the network’s physical interface eliminates the latencies caused by the host bus, the host processor, and the operating system. This drastically reduces trading response time.
- Our low latency FPGAs provide wire-speed performance, allowing the almost-instant execution of the part of the algorithm that detects and acts on trading opportunities before others even notice the opportunity.
- Our FPGAs can be reprogrammed during operation, allowing parameters and algorithms to be changed and updated and keeping you ahead of the competition.
- New Wave DV FPGAs are excellent at parallel processing, which enables them to act on multiple trades simultaneously.
- Our low latency FPGAs can include a development framework that shortens the development cycle for users and allows them to focus on the development of their systems and proprietary algorithms.
- Every FPGA from New Wave Design & Verification is a custom programmable logic device; we will design your programmable device to suit your needs and beat your competition.
Contact New Wave DV for Ultra-Low Latency Trading Solutions
New Wave DV provides best-of-class ultra-low-latency 10G Ethernet FPGA cards, with easy-to-use application development framework. Our expertise in low latency trading technology comes from years of providing solutions for financial markets. We deliver on time and on budget in an industry where every second and every penny makes or breaks a deal.