OHCI Link Layer
The New Wave Design and Verification (New Wave DV) 1394b OHCI core provides a complete IP solution for the OHCI layer of the 1394b AS5643 protocol.
The core includes all functionality needed to meet the AS5643 specification including: Asynchronous Transmit, Isochronous Receive, STOF handling, STOF regulated transmit functions, Self ID, and CRC generation/checking.
At the PHY-Link interface, the core is built for connecting to any PHY implementing the defined standard PHY-Link interface. This interface is compatible with the New Wave DV PHY IP core as well as discrete PHY Layer integrated circuits.
This core is targeted towards applications in aerospace and industrial vision, and has been used on a wide range of parts at varying operating rates. The core comes with test-benches and example code, making design integration a straightforward task.
Evaluation versions of the OHCI IP core are available and New Wave DV has a set of standard form-factor boards featuring FPGAs, 1394b connectors and transformers, and off-the-shelf reference designs for quick evaluation of the OHCI IP core.
- AS5643 compliant interface with hardware based STOF offload
- Supports S100/S200/S400/S800/S1600/S3200 data rates
- Configurable number of OHCI nodes in a single FPGA
- AXI-based host interface for embedded or PCIe based processors
- Standard PHY-Link interface
- Increase interface port density while reducing interface size and power
- Increased performance with hardware-based AS5643 offload
- Additional diagnostics and programmable operation features
- Leverage proven technology for standard interface implementation
Xilinx: Virtex, Kintex, Artix FPGAs
Intel (Altera): Stratix, Arria, Cyclone FPGAs Microsemi:
SmartFusion2, Igloo2 FPGAs
S3200: 196.608Mhz (double data width)
- Avionics vehicle and mission systems
- Industrial/Machine vision systems