Senior Digital Design Engineer
New Wave Design & Verification is looking for a highly motivated, team-oriented, experienced Digital Design Engineer to join our fast-paced, collaborative digital design team. The ideal candidate will have a degree in electrical or computer engineering and some experience with digital ICs, including circuit design, FPGA design, synthesis, timing analysis, simulation, verification and lab characterization. Knowledge of a hardware description language (VHDL or Verilog) and logic simulators is required.
The candidate must be able to approach new and/or existing problems in a way that results in unique solutions for our customers, making good communication and collaboration skills a must.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is required for this position – must have 8+ years of industry experience
Highly desirable skills/experience includes:
- FPGA/CPLD logic design, synthesis and simulation
- HDL coding (VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog)
- FPGA tools (Xilinx, Altera, Microsemi)
- Simulation tools (ModelSim)
- Communication protocols (PCI, PCIe, Fibre Channel, Ethernet, SCSI, I2C, AXI, DDR)
- Technical documentation development
- Schematic capture
- PCB layout guidance
- Timing analysis
- Signal integrity simulation
- Hardware circuits including DACs, ADCs, microprocessors, memories, DSPs, linear and switching voltage regulators
- Operating general lab equipment (DMM, oscilloscope, logic & bus analyzers, device programmers)
- Familiarity with advanced verification techniques such as coverage driven testing, assertions, and formal verification.
- Experience with the decomposition, traceability, and verification of digital design requirements
- Previous project leadership a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate and present ideas internally/externally
The qualified individual must show a history of and have a capacity and commitment to sound software engineering principles and design.
ABOUT NEW WAVE DESIGN & VERIFICATION:
New Wave Design & Verification is part of the New Wave Group, a leader in international electronics sourcing, design, verification, and service for the commercial, telecommunications, aerospace, defense, and high-reliability markets since 2005.
The New Wave Design & Verification team is made up of passionate engineers who have extensive experience designing, building, testing, and delivering electronic systems.
New Wave Design & Verification is a dynamic, exciting, and growing company with a top-notch team of business professionals and design engineers focused on providing best-in-class solutions in our markets.
New Wave Design & Verification is an EO/AA employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. New Wave Design & Verification is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please email resumes directly to New Wave Design & Verification at firstname.lastname@example.org.